If there is one thing that most women will make plans to do in the New Year, then it is getting fit. While 2018 may have been a whirlwind of work and family life, you may also be marking down 2019 as the year to exercise. Many women now are getting the many benefits that this can bring, from stronger bones and healthier internal organs to a more positive outlook on life and a real boost for your self-esteem.
What if you have not exercised before or have not done so for a while? Some women can find it a little daunting to get going or simply don’t have the information needed to plan out their new fitness regime.
Amazing fitness tips for women
Exercise is loved by both sexes, but it can provide different challenges to women wanting to get into it. If you do not know where to start, then here are some great tips to help:
- Don’t be scared to hit the gym – for some women looking to start exercising, the gym can seem a scary place. With all those toned, fit people around and the prospect of working up a sweat in public, it can seem the last place to head. However, joining a gym provides not only the space and facilities needed to get in shape but also the motivation. You’ll find it far easier to get the energy to visit regularly when you are paying for it! Gyms are not scary places now and have modernized greatly over time to become far more inclusive and appealing. There may even be a women-only gym in your area if you still feel unsure.
- Commit to it – we all know how easy it is to say that you will make more effort to get fit in the New Year and then fail to follow through. A great fitness tip is to simply get going and stop putting it off. Most of us will waste many hours each week on pointless tasks such as mindlessly scrolling through our social media feeds or flicking through TV channels. Use this time to exercise instead and you will find that you soon get into a routine.
- Try not to obsess over goals – while it is important to have goals, it is not good to obsess over them. The pressure that you will put on yourself by doing this will make keeping fit not only miserable but also hard to maintain. When you have not hit your goal in the timeframe you expected, it can lead you to giving up altogether. Instead, a great tip is to set goals that are achievable and not overanalyze your performance after each session.
- Consider exercising with a friend – most women are social animals who love meeting up with friends for a chat. You can use this natural inclination to help in your keep-fit efforts. By enlisting a friend to come to the gym with you or on regular walks or swims, you will find it more enjoyable. This will help you to stick at it and in all probability lead to better results over time.
- Change up your routine regularly – one common mistake made by many women trying to keep fit is setting a routine at the beginning and then sticking with it for years. The problem is that your body will get used to the routine and your performance will then plateau. A great fitness tip is to change up the amount of reps you do or weight you lift when it starts to get too easy. It is also worth introducing new exercises or machines into your workout routine to help keep your body working.
Get the right support with compression socks for women
An awesome fitness tip for all women wanting to get in shape is to wear women’s compression socks – you can read reviews online of this type of fitness wear to find out more about them. Not only do these look great, but they can also be worn comfortably all day and are superb when exercising. The special compression design provides excellent support to your Achilles heel and foot in order to prevent injury. Wearing this kind of clothing will also increase your performance and deliver faster results in turn.
Make 2019 your year to get fit
It’s not easy being a woman with the busy lifestyle most lead, but making 2019 your year to get fit is worthwhile. Not only will it make you feel great about yourself, but it will also give you more energy to enjoy life and succeed at work. Whether you hit the gym or work out at home, take the time in the New Year to make it happen.
Leave a Reply