Given the fact that the Covid-19 pandemic is on-going with no sight of it dying out completely in the near future, parts of the world are still on some form of lockdown – and most people’s cars are left idling. If you are still affected by the lockdown, remember that proper vehicle upkeep is crucial both to your car’s health and that of your wallet! The longer your car sits, the higher chances of it getting permanent damage with an unwelcome repair bill coming your way! You can take a few simple steps to ensure your vehicle stays in good running condition over the next weeks and months of home quarantine.
- Keep the battery charged by starting your car and letting the engine run for 15 minutes once every 3 days or drive your car around the neighbourhood once a week.
- Keep your car’s moving parts lubricated by driving it once a week.
- Fill up the gas tank to prevent condensation from accumulating inside the tank.
- Use a car cover to protect your car paint from the harsh elements.
- Place rodent repellent in your garage and ensure your car is clear of any food scraps to prevent unwanted visitors like roaches and rats!
To keep your vehicle in tip-top condition, you don’t need to be an auto geek or mechanically-savvy. Below are some of the car maintenance and repair works that are easy enough to be carried out yourself even if you’re not a car-geek. You can try these ten under-1-hour fixes on your car that will save you money or prevent future repair bills. Many replacement parts can be purchased online conveniently. The mantra this year is stay home and stay safe!
- Battery maintenance
- Replacement of windshield wipers
- Change of air filter
- Change of oil and oil filter
- Replacement of brake pads
- Fuel Filter Replacement
- Refill radiator with fresh coolant
- Replacement of spark plugs.
- Wax and seal to protect your paint
- Clean corroded battery terminals
While you may find the best deals on auto parts and car maintenance items from the internet, finding a good shipping company to ship these items to you can still be a challenge. Searching for the best auto parts delivery service to get your vehicle parts delivered to you can be time-consuming and frustrating as you search through hundreds of web pages or ask around from friends or social media pages.
The Shiply online shipping platform is the solution to your auto parts delivery service worry. On Shiply, all you have to do is to enter a few simple details about your auto parts and hundreds of rated shipping companies will send you quotes, sometimes up to 75% cheaper than usual. You can then compare prices and select the one that offers the best deals that meet your requirements.
Lastly, don’t beat yourself up if you have no confidence in handling a car repair task yourself. Seek out You Tube, a good friend or neighbour who may be happy to lend a helping hand. All the best in your DIY auto projects!